Managing Community Connect 4
This course provides technical advice and practical experience of RM Community Connect 4
This course is tailored for network managers and technicians who are upgrading to Community Connect® 4.
|Cost||£625 (plus VAT)|
|04 Jul 2016|
Important: The Community Connect 3 - Community Connect 4 upgrade process is not covered in this or any of the Community Connect 4 Technical Training on offer.
They key objective of this course is to allow delegates to gain practical knowledge and experience of Community Connect 4 and the new functionality introduced.
At the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Support pupils and staff in their use of Community Connect 4.
- Maintain a Community Connect 4 network.
- Add users and manage essential security settings.
- Apply custom settings for users and computers.
- Manage computers, printers and software.
- Protect the network with backup and restoring systems.
Introduction to Community Connect 4
- What's included in Community Connect 4
- The RM Management Console
- Overview of automated updating of the network
- Overview of the improved software management
- Overview of the new workstation build process
- Overview of new tools for Students and Staff
- Overview of tools to allow Students to work smarter
Adding users to Community Connect 4
- Creating single user accounts
- Bulk creating users
- Importing users
- User properties
- Organising users
- User templates
- User registry policies
- Exploring the Microsoft® Windows® XP and Windows Vista® student environments
- Using My Connect as a student user
- Using RM EasyLink
- The Network Recycle Bin
- Using smart lists to find information about sets of users
- Explore user profiles between the two supported operating systems
- My Connect network management tasks staff can perform through My Connect
- Applying Acceptable Usage Policies to staff
- Controlling classroom Internet access
- Methods of adding software to Community Connect 4
- Scheduling application deployment
- Making applications available to users
- Software assignment overview
- Software auditing
- Using RM Package Blueprint
- The server recovery toolkit
- Preparing media for backup
- Weekly checks
- Protecting your network from viruses
- Updating your network with RM and Microsoft software updates
- The desktop operating systems supported on Community Connect 4
- Building computers on Community Connect 4
- Configuring build templates
- Organising computers in the RM Management Console
- Remotely managing computers through the RM Management Console
- Computer hardware auditing
- Computer registry policies
This course can be delivered onsite, including kit hire for the duration of the training and allows training for up to 10 delegates. In addition, you have the opportunity to speak with the trainer about your requirements prior to the course being delivered. Please contact RM Training at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and pricing.
RM Training Terms and Conditions of Sale